Head of Operations - Full Time
Queenly is the leading marketplace for the formalwear industry with a culture founded on openness, initiative and autonomy for the next generation of leaders in tech. We are a Y Combinator and venture-backed company experiencing rapid growth and are out to change how the entire fashion industry operates. We were recently featured in TechCrunch, ABC News, and NextShark as well as being featured as the top YC companies to watch out for in 2021.
What we're looking for
We are seeking a mission-driven, operations leader to drive reliable, aligned, pro-active and scalable business operations at Queenly.
As an early hire, you’ll be managing and scaling our current operational processes thus directly impacting the company’s growth and trajectory. This role is part of a newly established, dynamic, quickly growing, and entrepreneurial team. This individual will have a passion for developing and managing a comprehensive operations network strategy and the day-to-day operations necessary to maximize speed-to-market, quality, and efficiency while minimizing costs.
- Take responsibility for day-to-day execution, ensuring that everything related to merchandising operations is on the rails at all times
- Provide leadership to your (growing!) team of operations coordinators and leads by defining team goals, objectives, priorities, and culture.
- Directly manage four crucial operations functions: billing, subscription operations, inventory recovery, and fraud.
- Implement effective processes and protocols to monitor and enforce service level agreements across all functions.
- Own all reporting and customer processes associated with functions under your leadership.
- Develop leadership & managerial skills of the frontline management team through mentoring, coaching, training, and ongoing performance feedback conversations.
- Create process, tools and team to manage all aspects of inventory-related operations, including purchase orders, product data, vendor compliance, EDI, AP integration, and price changes.
- Implement pragmatic near-term solutions to support rapid growth in SKU-count, inventory levels, and transaction volume
- Develop scalable people, process, and tools to support the business over the long term
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years in a customer-centric, operational role with working knowledge of operational tools and management
- Proven ability to manage project cycle (assess needs, scope, execute, provide feedback)
- Scrappy approach and willingness to do whatever it takes to make sure the business runs smoothly
- You should love getting into the nitty gritty to improve how things work
- Strong communication skills, cross-functionally and to an audience
- Able to maintain a high level of service awareness at all times and understand the strategic importance of customer service to our organization
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well under ambiguous conditions
- Positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond the stated duties
- Leadership and a collaborative mindset: This will be an incredibly cross-functional position. You’ll work closely with different teams - product, marketing, engineering, business development, etc.
- Ability to actualize the abstract: You need to be able to seamlessly translate from ideation to execution - even when there’s no clear roadmap. We’re looking for individuals that thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic thinking: You’ll quickly understand the nuances of our business and stay a step ahead in developing solutions that meet the needs of our business and customers
- Passion: We care a lot about our mission, and we are looking for people who are inspired by what we do.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Role will be in San Francisco, CA
- 2+ years of experience in leading/managing people
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes generous bonuses based on performance and stock options.
Why you'll love working at Queenly
- We are a group of talented, kind-hearted, and collaborative people who are motivated by challenge and opportunities.
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business that is innovating an underserved industry
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Empowering all women to look and feel like a queen”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We care deeply about our mission and the impact that we do on our users’ lives and society overall
- We have a cute office dog named Butters 🐶
How to apply
Submit a resume, LinkedIn profile and short note about how you would be perfect for the position to [email protected]
Queenly is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.